Monday, March 5, 2012

My First Lab!

Due to me being sick and having SUNY Acts last week was my first real lab where I actually got to work with kids bring my game into a real classroom (aka Gym)! I was a little worried because I have herd stories from my friends about none of the kids playing their games. See the thing about St. Mary's is that all the kids have been in class all day before we have a chance to see them or work with them. So I have herd many stories of kids not participating when my peers attempted to bring in skills games, Doctor Yang commonly says "If you can make it in St. Mary's you can make it anywhere". I was still excited because I knew my game was fun and I made it even more exciting making the variation capture the flame, instead of capture the flag! The kids loved it the only problem is there were not many kids, my game was a big hit for the 6 kids that were there. Teachers hoped in and we made due and everyone had a really good time playing. Later when we debriefed the teachers talked about how the lab went and we thought we did well its just hard to teach when there are not really enough kids to be taught, so everyone had to make changes but I think it went really well and I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment